Rather than a list of resolutions, here is a list of 2008 goals.
In no particular order:
* Be able to recognize all 1945 Joyo kanji so I can read a manga in Japanese.
First step: Buy Remembering the Kanji by James Heisig because the library doesn’t have it.
* Read books 1-6 of Harry Potter in Spanish. (As I can’t find book 7 at the library)
First step: Borrow the Spanish Reader I found from the library.
* Read 250 books, at least 10% of which are nonfiction. Non-English books count double though.
First step: Start reading on Tuesday!
* Watch 12 movies in French without subtitles.
First step: Find a good movie in French to start with.
* Score 100 in the Clarion Submission game.
First step: Write a story.
* Be 1*0 pounds by December 31st. (Which means 5 pounds leeway for Christmas fudge. ;) )
First step: Find a class.
* Get a yellow belt in a martial art.
First step: Make some phone calls.
* Acquire tickets to Japan. (Note, not necessarily buy, and not necessarily for 2008.)
First step: ?????
* Make $100,000.
First step: Make $1,000 in non-wage income.
* Volunteer for an organization.
First step: See if Room to Read has anyone local to hook up with.
* Go to 3 cons.
First step: Pre-register for Readercon and Albacon.
* Learn shorthand.
First step: Pick up the library book on my floor and open it. :)
* Take a drawing class.
First step: Find a drawing class.
Edit: Fixed the categories for this post. And created a goals page.